- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 02/21/2024
- Website: verkada.com
- Company Address: 406 E 3rd Ave, San Mateo, California 94401, US
About VerkadaVerkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Who We Are
- Develop and maintain the camera firmware delivery pipelines.
- Design and implement a robust on-device and backend systems for delivering firmware to cameras and upgrading the firmware for millions of devices, with limited bandwidth.
- Design systems to make firmware image extremely small and easy to download.
- Design and maintain CI and camera testing infrastructure.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or similar degree).
- 5+ years of experience working on system development as a Software Engineer.
- Strong C++/go/python programming skills, with the ability to write complex systems using clean and concise code.
- Experience with Linux kernel development is a plus.
Perks and Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.