- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 02/21/2024
- Website: verkada.com
- Company Address: 406 E 3rd Ave, San Mateo, California 94401, US
About VerkadaVerkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Who We Are
Our streaming team features strong software engineering talent with a lot of expertise in video streaming. Video streaming is obviously at the core of what we do as a video security company. We invest heavily in our streaming experience to ensure that we are providing our customers with the best streaming experience possible for both live video and historical video.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve Verkada’s video and audio streaming infrastructure.
- Ensure customers have the best streaming experience for both live and historical footage.
- Architect distributed real-time data connections between camera → cloud → user.
- Build a high-performance, highly-available, highly-scalable multiplexing video transcoding service.
- Define and improve service-oriented architectures.
- Write clean, maintainable, testable code
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field (Master’s degree preferred).2+ years experience of industry experience in backend software engineering.
- Mastery of Python or Golang and scalable backend design including databases, queues and blob storage.
- Experience with any IoT devices is a huge plus.
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment. Comfortable with SQL, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Nice to have experience with H.264 and H.265 encodings, FFMPEG and other streaming technologies
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.