- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 02/21/2024
- Website: verkada.com
- Company Address: 406 E 3rd Ave, San Mateo, California 94401, US
About VerkadaVerkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Who We Are
Our team owns the Events and Notifications portion of Command, Verkada’s user portal. Our customers rely on our notifications to stay on top of live events, e.g., gatherings that could increase the spread of COVID-19, persons of interest entering buildings or simply knowing when to let the delivery person in. Whether our user is a security guard or an entrepreneur on the go, we want to make it easy for them to keep their spaces safe.
- Build scalable systems capable of handling high traffic from our security cameras deployed around the world.
- Own and maintain a public API that our customers use to pull historical footage.
- Develop internal tools to help our engineering and marketing teams.
- Build back end applications from end-to-end with an ‘owner’s’ mentality.
- Communicate with engineering teams throughout the organization to build world class products.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Back End Engineer, ideally at a rapidly growing start up or innovative company.
- Demonstrated expertise in either Python or GoLang. Experience with either Java or C++ would be a plus.
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational databases. We use MySQL, Dynamo, Postgres, amongst others.
- History of shipping out significant products. We are looking for someone who can own backend systems end-to-end.
- Some experience with Kubernetes would be a plus.
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.