- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 02/21/2024
- Website: verkada.com
- Company Address: 406 E 3rd Ave, San Mateo, California 94401, US
About VerkadaVerkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Who We Are
- Setting up lab and field environments for image/video quality testing
- Designing and conducting experimentsIterating through various parameters to optimize image/video quality
- Building automated tooling to collect data on image/video quality
- Developing a testing methodology to gather input on subjective image/video quality changes
- Familiarity in C and Python
- Experience in, or an understanding of, the methodology used in objective and subjective camera image quality benchmarking and analysis
- Excellent sense of photography and videography/cinematography (understanding on a technical & artistic level as to what makes a good photograph "good", and a good video "good")
- Deep understanding of digital photography, camera image processing technologies, and aspects of computational photography
- Understanding of conventional camera pipelines & operations and why they are necessary: sharpening, denoising, HDR & image fusion concepts, compression & video coding, etc.
- Focus on details, with strong debugging & analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Ability to deliver outstanding results under times of intense levels of deadlines and heavy workload
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.