- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/24/2023
- Website: verkada.com
- Company Address: 405 E 4th Ave, San Mateo, California 94401, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About VerkadaVerkada is the leader in cloud-managed enterprise building security, enabling over 10,000 organizations worldwide to protect their people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, door-based access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide unparalleled visibility through a single secure cloud-based software platform.
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you will help architect, design, and develop projects targeted at making Verkada’s infrastructure the most reliable and cost-efficient while scaling to millions of connected devices. Example projects include rolling out a service mesh or designing a cost-efficient service ingesting and storing terabytes of video footage. You'll have the opportunity to lead cross-team efforts, mentor your team members, and establish engineering best practices across the entire organization.
- Identify and lead critical efforts related to scalability, reliability and efficiency;
- Influence the features and direction of our platform with your own ideas;
- Provide technical support for engineers on team;
- Align with product and org objectives, and coordinate with cross-functional teams on delivering key results.
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new infrastructure products, features, and strategies
- Comfortable with working at the frontier of infrastructure and software development
- Experience in Python and/or Go
- Experience with one of the major cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Strong written and verbal communications
Nice to have:
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with a service mesh such as Istio
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.