- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/24/2023
- Website: verkada.com
- Company Address: 405 E 4th Ave, San Mateo, California 94401, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About VerkadaVerkada is the leader in cloud-managed enterprise building security, enabling over 10,000 organizations worldwide to protect their people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, door-based access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide unparalleled visibility through a single secure cloud-based software platform.
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As the VP of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for go-to-market positioning and messaging for all Verkada product lines . Your team owns all messaging and content for our website, sales collateral, training materials, demand generation activities, channel marketing, and so forth. This role is highly cross-functional and you will spend lots of time with product, engineering, and sales.. As the leader of the product marketing organization in our hyper growth startup, you will be responsible for both hiring and managing a team of PMMs who can successfully support each product all the while getting your hands dirty and executing as well!
- Develop product positioning and competitively differentiated messaging for a portfolio of products, based on customer/user research, market insights, and product knowledge.
- Bring new products to market, taking the lead of launch strategy, planning, deliverables, timelines and more to ensure maximum revenue impact by product line.
- Build and maintain the core backbone of all product collateral and content that power our GTM channels including demand generation, sales, channel partners and our website.
- Work closely with marketing brand, creative and demand-gen teams to increase market presence and drive pipeline through key outbound assets (video, webinars, thought leadership, email nurture, etc.).
- Partner with channel and sales enablement teams to effectively position our products, leveraging internal tools and developing assets that help improve win rates.
- Build, manage and support a team of product marketers, ensuring alignment between individual's strengths and business needs.
- Become a product evangelist and cross-functional leader who unites marketing, sales, customer success, and product teams to drive business results.
- 10+ years of product marketing experience (or similar) for enterprise products, 3+ years in director or VP role
- Demonstrated ability to hire a world class team
- Ability to help drive and project manage creative, content and collateral efforts across the marketing organization.
- Empathetic storyteller who can translate technical features into customer benefits that resonate deeply with our target audience.
- Verkada sells in many countries; global experience is a strong plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong public speaking abilities
- PR & Comms experience is a plus
$200,000 - $600,000 a year
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $200,000 - $600,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.