Associate Production Support Engineer (1st Shift: 8am-5pm)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: pindrop.com
- Company Address: 1115 Howell Mill Rd , Suite 700, Atlanta, Georgia 30318, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About PindropPindrop® solutions are leading the way to the future of voice by establishing the standard for security, identity, and trust for every voice interaction. Pindrop solutions protect some of the biggest banks, insurers, and retailers in the world using patented technology that extracts an unrivaled amount of intelligence from every call encountered.
Who we are
As human beings, one of our fundamental identifiers is our voice. Pindrop’s advanced voice identity technology recognizes this distinct and unique human quality with the kind of precision and certainty that’s needed when information or access is essential. From preventing fraud in call centers to obtaining information from smart devices and even activating cars, Pindrop lets people use their voice to quickly and privately connect to, enter, and unlock their world. At Pindrop, we hire great people and we take care of them. All we do is guided by our Core Values: Audaciously Innovate, Evangelical Customers for Life, Execution Excellence, Win as a Company, Make a Difference.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop has raised over $223M in capital by premier VCs including Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
What you’ll do
- You will handle Tier 1 technical issues on assigned accounts.
- You will triage and troubleshoot issues using analytical and technical knowledge from the field of CS.
- You will handle On-Call alerts / events and have an on-call rotation (Mon-Friday 08:00 AM – 05:00PM).
- You will provide regular updates to tickets / cases assigned to your on set cadence.
Who you are
- You have very strong analytical skills, and consider yourself a problem solver.
- You have a degree within computer science or similar. (Bachelors / Masters ).
- You have excellent verbal and written communication.
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under-promise and over-deliver
- You are nimble and adaptable when priorities change and continue to see the “forest through the trees”
- You have 1-2 years of experience as a Production Support Engineer or similar role.
- You have experience and/or proficiency using Linux operating systems.
- You have experience with databases like MySQL, Postgresql.
- You have experience with networking, and understanding of TCP/IP.
- You have experience using scripting languages like Python and/or Bash.
- You have experience handling customer support on a technical level, with strong communication skills to determine as well as satisfy the needs of the client.
What’s in it for you:
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest (no joke…nearly 1 in 3 Pindrop employees has a Ph.D.). We’re a passionate group committed to excellence – but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
- Within 30 days you’ll
- Complete onboarding and attend New Employee Orientation sessions with other new Pindroppers
- Learn how to handle On-Call, Triage incoming cases and internal monitoring alerts.
- Within 60 days you’ll
- Work on troubleshooting technical issues related to cloud platform.
- Within 90 days you’ll
- Gain access to OnPrem accounts and work on their technical issues.
- Teach us something new!
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) – Following established guidelines by Managers.
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from – including an employer-provided “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave – Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Remote-first culture
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- We want it all! While most of us work remotely, we call our beautiful, modern, and collaborative Atlanta HQ office home. We celebrate being together with frequent lunches and events, (think Mardi Gras, Cinco De Mayo, Black History Month, Diwali, etc.) complete with beer & wine. We have ample space for team meetings, All-Hands, hackathons, and more.
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
- Flex schedules
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate – We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life – We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence – We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company – Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference – Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.