- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/24/2023
- Website: verkada.com
- Company Address: 405 E 4th Ave, San Mateo, California 94401, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About VerkadaVerkada is the leader in cloud-managed enterprise building security, enabling over 10,000 organizations worldwide to protect their people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, door-based access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide unparalleled visibility through a single secure cloud-based software platform.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Verkada is looking for Technical Support Engineers to support our growing base of enterprise customers. As a member of Technical Support, you will join a skilled team, located in San Mateo, supporting the entire line of Verkada cloud-managed building security products. Working independently and collaboratively, you will solve technical issues and advise customers on our platform. Responsibilities include troubleshooting complex customer environments, educating customers on system installation and configuration, collaborating with Engineers to identify and resolve bugs, providing crucial feedback to Product Management to drive product improvement, and creating knowledge base articles. Our team is the bridge between customers, Engineering, and Product Management. If you want to make an impact and advance your career in the cloud-managed IoT space, we'd love to hear from you!
- Full-stack troubleshooting of the entire Verkada platform including, network, hardware, software, and electrical issues.
- Provide best practice design, installation, and configuration expertise to enterprise customers.
- Communicate technical matters to customers both orally and in writing.
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new products and identify bugs.
- Write technical knowledge base articles and whitepapers.
- Staying up to date on the latest products and industry technologies.
- Build tools and processes that will scale.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals: HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, DHCP, 802.11, firewalls, Ethernet/Cabling, PoE, and software systems.
- Experience with electrical, Linux, APIs, Python or other coding languages is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in related technical discipline: Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Cybersecurity from an accredited college.
- 1+ years professional or internship experience in a technical or IT role preferred.
- Industry certifications are a plus: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.