- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/11/2022
- Website: headspin.io
- Company Address: 3200 Ash Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94306
About HeadSpinHeadSpin is the world’s first Digital Experience AI Platform combining cloud-hosted and on-prem global device infrastructure, test automation, and ML-driven performance & quality of experience analytics for mobile, web, audio, and video.
Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization, and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over several hundred cellular networks and over 2,000 mobile devices. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, ICONIC , Danhua Capital, and other blue-chip investors.
About the Role:
As a Network Operation Center (NOC) Technician you'll be on the front line keeping HeadSpin's device cloud running smoothly. You will be supporting and maintaining the devices, servers and proprietary infrastructure that make up the core of the HeadSpin platform. Your primary responsibility will be responding to incidents and outages, both from proactive monitoring and from customer reports. This can include offline and unresponsive hardware and services, security incidents or other disruptions to HeadSpin services. You will manage the lifecycle of these issues from first report to resolution and handle appropriate escalation of issues to other teams within HeadSpin. You will work with a team of other professionals creating a robust, accountable and responsive process able to deal reliably, rapidly and accurately to outages and issues in the HeadSpin platform.
As a NOC team member you will be expected to understand the roles of other technical and engineering teams at HeadSpin to properly collaborate and escalate issues. You will also be expected to understand our infrastructure, vendors and major customers around the world to properly address global issues spanning HeadSpin sites, data centers and customer locations. Most commonly you will work directly with support staff from our Data Center Logistics and Data Center Engineering teams at HeadSpin sites and datacenter to recover or debug unresponsive hardware and services.
The NOC team at HeadSpin is part of our critical infrastructure and members of the team are expected to be part of an on-call rotation to provide continuous coverage for incidents.
HeadSpin values the unique knowledge provided by our frontline operations teams, your feedback on common issues, operational pain points, and processes will be key for the rapid growth of HeadSpin. You will be encouraged to give your input and help make our operations teams healthy and dynamic places to work.
What You’ll Do:
- Triage and respond to tickets relating to incidents and outages both generated by automated monitoring and customer reports
- Follow and manage tickets until resolution
- Collaborate on and/or escalate tickets to other internal teams
- Directly work with global HeadSpin sites and Data Center smart hands or technician to debug and recover systems and hardware
- Work with cloud, private cloud and on premise infrastructure
- Respond to tickets and issues with set SLA response times
- Participate in a responsive and accountable issue management process that can solve issues quickly, reliably and repeatability
- Be part of an on call rotation for incident response
- Document workflow and playbooks for common issues and situations
- Work to improve and automate common issues and monitoring
- Assist in maintenance and updates of critical software and network infrastructure
- Assist with or recommend device deployments, upgrades and maintenance
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software, or network issues.
- Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders
- Collaborate with remote team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
What You’ll Need:
- At least 3 years (or equivalent) in a technical support role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable
- Experience with incident response relating to complex network and software infrastructure
- Experience with network fundamentals, e.g. LAN, WAN, VLAN, DMZ, Firewalls, Switches, Access Points, etc.
- Proficient in Mac OS and Linux environments
- Familiar with command line *nix tools, e.g. ssh, scp, bash, curl, vim, python terminal, ping, tcpdump, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Google Workspace, Jira, Slack, Zoom, and other technologies
- Familiarity with common issue management practices and tools, e.g. service desks, SLAs, on call rotation, escalation paths, sprint, kanban, etc
- Systematic troubleshooting and problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Tech savvy – ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for customer support – a drive to provide solutions to our business partners needs in a timely fashion
- Prioritization skills –the ability to analyze support requests, and prioritize them based on impact
- Able to cross-train other IT team members to broaden the team’s knowledge base