- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/11/2022
- Website: headspin.io
- Company Address: 3200 Ash Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94306
About HeadSpinHeadSpin is the world’s first Digital Experience AI Platform combining cloud-hosted and on-prem global device infrastructure, test automation, and ML-driven performance & quality of experience analytics for mobile, web, audio, and video.
Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization, and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over several hundred cellular networks and over 2,000 mobile devices. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, ICONIC , Danhua Capital and other blue-chip investors.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer on the Media team, you’ll work on improving and developing HeadSpin’s products. The Media team is responsible for powering real time interaction with various devices spread all around the world for HeadSpin’s users and the ability to capture these interactions in the highest possible quality. You will work on expanding and maintaining these media features of HeadSpin’s platform. You will improve the stability and user experience of these features on devices currently supported by our platform such as Android, iOS, and desktop browsers. You will add support for these features on new and emerging devices and platforms such as smart TVs and infotainment systems. You will also participate in the design and development of new media features. This includes a common design language, component development, shared documentation and performance improvements.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our Media team. Our components are one of the key ways in which the customer interacts with the HeadSpin platform. The team’s mission is to provide the highest fidelity experience possible when interacting with remote devices both in real time and for post-processing, and machine learning analysis of the media. One of the key challenges of this team is making our feature set available to HeadSpin’s customers on the widest array of devices possible in the most scalable and efficient way by leveraging and adapting existing technologies. We develop and deploy services in the cloud, on various operating systems and mobile devices.
This is a new team within a growing engineering organization. Being part of this team will lend you the opportunity to make a great impact not just on the customer experience but also on the growth of the engineering organization as a whole. You must be someone who is excited to learn, apply, and interact with a great variety of technologies. As the team and organization is largely remote, you must have great communication skills and be comfortable working autonomously.
You will be joining our amazing team of passionate, hardworking collaborators from around the world. We live our core values and are proud to be a people-centric organization that strives to rapidly innovate, with an entrepreneurial mind-set, without sacrificing transparency and trust and always remaining customer focused.
Who You Are
- Love programming!
- Experience and interest in media technologies for video and audio streaming or recording.
- Experience with REST APIs
- Are comfortable in a variety of developer environments
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain media features of HeadSpin’s platform.
- Improve performance, scalability, and stability of media streaming and capture.
- Design and maintain support for new devices and platforms.
- Contribute to the team you work with and to HeadSpin's engineering organization.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional team.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Be responsible for server-side and client-side feature work.
- Rapidly iterate on designs and solutions.
- You will focus on product development.
What You Need
Experience with back-end development and technologies, including:
- Understanding of REST APIs and HTTP
Experience with media technologies such as:
- ffmpeg, gstreamer or similar
Comfortable working on the command line in Linux or macOS environment, including:
- compiling, debugging, and deploying programs
Ability to work with other programmers collaboratively in a shared code base.
Solid architecture and system design skills.
Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- GitHub project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Knowledge of WebRTC and experience deploying WebRTC architecture
- Experience with Node.js
- Python and Tornado experience
- Experience with iOS/Android or other device platforms
- Experience with WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux)