- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/21/2022
- Website: ascend.io
- Company Address: 541 Cowper St, Palo Alto, California US
About Ascend.ioAscend.io, the Data Automation Cloud, was named a 2021 Gartner Cool Vendor and provides the most advanced automation for data and analytics engineering workloads. Ascend unifies the core capabilities of data engineering—data ingestion, transformation, delivery, orchestration, and observability—into a single platform so that data teams deliver 10x faster.
As Ascend’s Snowflake Partner Sales Manager, you will evangelize the Ascend Data Automation Cloud within Snowflake, growing Ascend revenue with Snowflake customers. You will build relationships in the Snowflake Sales and Customer Engineering teams. You will need to understand their organizational structure, compensation and sales motion. You will leverage those relationships to generate pipeline and close deals. Success will be measured by the number of net new logos and revenue generated from Snowflake customers. You are a great listener, understanding Snowflake sales teams’ needs, the customer's business needs, a critical thinker/team collaborator in designing solutions, and a coach/friend to Snowflake teams and customers as they embark on their journey with Ascend. We believe the best teams are those composed of individuals who have a deep passion for customers, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
Outcomes You Will Drive:
- Increase pipeline generation with Snowflake customers
- Increase logo acquisition and accelerate revenue
- Iterate and build on our partner strategy with Snowflake, Cloud Providers and other Data Platform companies
What You Will Do:
- Manage the Snowflake Partnership as if it were your own business
- Establish and execute the strategy for growing Ascend’s Snowflake Partnership
- Work closely with marketing and sales to identify programs to drive revenue
- Build pipeline to increase logo acquisition and accelerate ARR
- If needed, manage the end-to-end sales process to meet or exceed revenue goals
- Work with teammates, Snowflake teams and prospects to develop success criteria and use cases for managed trials. Drive those trials through to closing the deal
- Create multiple touchpoints within prospective customer accounts and across Snowflake. Establish relationships with economic buyers, champions, data engineers, data analysts and infrastructure teams within prospective accounts.
- Create close plans, articulate those plans and execute key tactical steps for all deals
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly logo acquisition and manage a tight pipeline
- Collaborate with colleagues in other functions as part of our team selling approach
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of field sales experience and/or partner management in technology / software industry
- A business owner. You think holistically about your business and have a proven track record of excellence.
- Startup sales and/or partner experience is highly desirable
- Proven track record selling to mid-market or Enterprise at $30-50k+ ACVs.
- Successful track record working on complex sales cycles (multiple stakeholders and lines of business, complicated decision process and criteria).
- Superior communication skills (both for internal and external clients), positive attitude, empathy, and high energy.
- Self-starter with the desire to wear many hats. You own business outcomes in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in selling SaaS and enterprise cloud applications. Specific experience selling data solutions is a plus.
What We Offer
- Medical/Dental/Vision covered at 100%
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible PTO
- Annual Learning Stipend
- Remote Work Stipend
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ascend we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.