- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/11/2022
- Website: opslevel.com
- Company Address: 111 Peter Street, Suite 700, , Toronto, ON M5V 2H1 Canada
About OpsLevelA modern microservice catalog for the cloud. Own your services and build reliable software.
The Product Design team at OpsLevel is growing and looking for designers who creatively turn ambiguity into outstanding user experiences. We believe the best outcomes emerge from smart people collaborating together and hope you do too. At OpsLevel, we trust and empower our people with the autonomy to make impactful decisions quickly. Ownership is our Top Secret recipe for rapidly scaling up.
We’ve validated a huge market and brought “you build it, you own it” service ownership and service maturity to the world with our microservice catalog. Teams and organizations now depend on OpsLevel to help discover, operate, and maintain hundreds of microservices easily and efficiently…but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We’re on to the next big challenge, creating the developer portal. With a simplified workflow, developers and owners can go from idea to up and running with the click of a button. No more looking up stale configurations, pouring through documentation, or losing time in red tape.
We’re a well-funded remote-first startup founded in Toronto, Canada with people all over Canada and the US. Our team is led by alumni from success stories like Amazon, Shopify, and PagerDuty where they gained years of experience working with DevOps and dev tooling. We’re looking for people like you: enthusiastic, invested, curious, tenacious. Help us help developers.
Our culture and values are very important and ground us in how we interact as one team:
• Empathy: Think of others; think of your users
• Growth Mindset: Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
• Intellectual Honesty: The best solution is more important than anyone's ego
• Focus & Efficiency: Keep the main thing the main thing
What we’re looking for
We are a small team and you will be our second product design team hire. Reporting to the CTO and working closely with our founders, we want someone who can:
• Conduct UX research and discovery, speaking to various software engineering teams and managers about operations, reliability, and security initiatives
• Create wireframes and interactive prototypes to test and validate new product features and experiences
• Work with product & engineering teams throughout the design process to bring your ideas to fruition
• Follow up on data and metrics to continuously validate your designs even after they have shipped
• Help champion Product Design team initiatives such as building and contributing to our design system, UX guidelines & process improvements
• You have at least 5 years of experience as either a UX designer, interaction designer, or product designer. As a nice to have, you have worked on developer tools before
• You have a portfolio that demonstrates your design process, thinking, and execution, with a successful track record of delivering customer value. You’re deeply proficient in Figma (or equivalent)
• You care deeply about your users and their experiences
• You’re a critical thinker.
• You’re comfortable with ambiguity and can work with minimal process and structure
• You have opinions about when and how to balance “done” vs “perfect”
• You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, building products alongside product & engineering teams
• You have experience building, contributing to, or working with design systems
"Should I apply?" - Yes!
If you meet more than half of the “about you’s” above, we want to hear from you! And if you’re unsure - apply anyways!