- Job Type: Intern
- Function: Intern
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 06/22/2022
- Website: turo.com
- Company Address: 116 New Montgomery St, Suite 700, San Francisco, California 94105, US
About TuroTuro is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, guests can take the wheel of the perfect car for any occasion, while hosts can take the wheel of their futures by building an accessible, flexible, and scalable car sharing business from the ground up.
We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic, and thoughtful Grassroots intern to help support Turo’s Government Relations team through the end of 2022. Reporting to the Senior Government Relations Manager - Grassroots, you’ll be responsible for helping to execute strategy to deepen, widen, and amplify the stories of Turo’s vibrant community in alignment with Turo’s legislative efforts. It is crucial to the Government Relation Team’s success to foster relationships with Turo’s hosts and guests to ensure that lawmakers and regulators understand how their constituents are using Turo.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute digital grassroots campaigns for the Turo community in alignment with team priorities
- Initiate and foster relationships with Turo community members interested in advocating for peer-to-peer car sharing in their state
- Communicate often with Turo community members via phone, email, text, etc
- Develop materials for use of Government Relations state managers in meetings, conferences, and testimony
- Facilitate meet ups via zoom with Turo community members to help build familiarity, trust, and awareness of issues in their state
What We’re Looking For
- A Bachelor's degree or currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Policy, Sociology, Communications or relevant experience/degrees
- Outgoing, unafraid to pick up the phone to call someone to make a new friend
- Thoughtful, empathetic, and have an ability to think quickly on your feet
- Interest in policy, politics, economic empowerment
- Enthusiastic collaborator with self-motivation to execute on tasks independently when needed
- Positive attitude, quick-witted, ability to process complex information quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high energy, and enthusiasm, team oriented, strong cross-group collaborator
- Interest in community-building, policy, politics, economic empowerment
- Customer service experience
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!