- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/24/2023
- Website: verkada.com
- Company Address: 405 E 4th Ave, San Mateo, California 94401, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About VerkadaVerkada is the leader in cloud-managed enterprise building security, enabling over 10,000 organizations worldwide to protect their people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, door-based access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide unparalleled visibility through a single secure cloud-based software platform.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Facilitate the security baked into our applications throughout the software development lifecycle
- Evangelize software security best practices through training and information sharing
- Partner closely with engineering and product teams to improve the security of Verkada’s products and exceed customers’ expectations
- Explore innovative solutions to enable Verkada business instead of “Security says No”
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and execute on goals, priorities and process
- Set up security tooling and secure defaults to ensure software security best practices
- Perform architecture analysis, threat modeling and technical design reviews of sensitive features and infrastructure
- Create and operate a bug bounty program
- Triage and recommend solutions for security bugs from tools, third party assessments and bug bounties
- Collaborate with the CISO and security team to grow the broader Verkada security program
- Share your security experience with other teams internally and externally via security conferences and blogs
- Help your peer engineers grow their own security reasoning and knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Strong experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud service provider
- 7 - 10+ years of experience as a security engineer, software engineer, site reliability engineer, or security consultant
- Understanding of security weaknesses, exploits, attacks and mitigations
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new security products, features, and strategies;
- Coding ability. You will sometimes write production Python/Go code, security peer review code, build proofs of concept or implement automation scripts
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Experience with most of the following: Security Development Lifecycle, Threat Modeling, Architecture Analysis, Technical Design Review, Security Code Review, Open Policy Agent, SIEM
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits