- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: turo.com
- Company Address: 116 New Montgomery St, Suite 700, San Francisco, California 94105, US
About TuroTuro is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, guests can take the wheel of the perfect car for any occasion, while hosts can take the wheel of their futures by building an accessible, flexible, and scalable car sharing business from the ground up.
About the role
As a Senior UX Researcher on the Host team, you will plan and conduct multi-method research that helps answer big questions and shape in-product and real-world experiences for our community of Turo hosts. You will own your research roadmap, prioritizing research that will have the most significant impact on helping our hosts efficiently run their business and thrive on the Turo platform. You will own research projects end-to-end for your team and are comfortable working closely with designers, product managers, and engineers who care deeply about creating top-notch user experiences. Moreover, as the newest member of our growing research team, you will help us optimize our tools and process as we strive to improve our craft and consistently deliver breakthrough insights.
What you’ll do
- Conduct generative and evaluative research studies that shape product decisions
- Create and maintain your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Sustain an informed and empathetic organization by strengthening our understanding of our customers and evangelizing research insights throughout the company
- Highlight usability issues and advise your team on how to improve them
- Increase research efficiency by contributing to the optimization of tools, processes, and workflows with the research team
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience as a UX researcher with experience testing consumer software across multiple surfaces (Desktop, Mobile Web, iOS and, Android)
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of user research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- A portfolio demonstrating your work as a UX researcher along with stories about how your research helped fuel product breakthroughs
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into study designs and research questions
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences within Turo
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience conducting research for consumer marketplaces, transportation or travel
Why you’ll love being a part of our team…
- At Turo, there's no need to sell the value of user research; we're already devotees.
- We're pioneering, challenging the status quo, and always striving to try new things without fear of failure
- We're efficient, letting data inform our decisions and prioritizing our work based on impact
- We're supportive, always striving to connect, collaborate, and lift each other up
- We're down-to-earth, leading confidently without arrogance, and maintaining humility in our work, our culture, and our product
- We are a high-growth company with strong financial performance and plentiful opportunities for career growth
- We are committed to personal growth and provide every team member an annual budget of $2,000 USD to invest in professional development
- We want you to thrive both in and out of the office; we trust that you will use good judgment and take the time off that you need to bring your best self to work
- We offer a competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
Turo is the world's largest car sharing marketplace where guests can book any car they want, wherever they want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts. Whether they're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky for a once-in-a-lifetime event, guests can take the wheel of the perfect car for any occasion, while hosts can take the wheel of their futures by sharing their underutilized personal vehicles or building an accessible, flexible, and scalable car sharing business from the ground up.
Curious to learn more about our Design team? Meet some of our team members!
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!