- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 06/22/2022
- Website: turo.com
- Company Address: 116 New Montgomery St, Suite 700, San Francisco, California 94105, US
About TuroTuro is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, guests can take the wheel of the perfect car for any occasion, while hosts can take the wheel of their futures by building an accessible, flexible, and scalable car sharing business from the ground up.
We’re looking for a sharp and motivated individual with the ability to develop and deliver a phenomenal training curriculum to join our Shared Operations Services team. You’re a learning and development pro with an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mentality who thrives in an ever-changing environment and is constantly looking for ways to make improvements. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to help build the foundation for future training programs in a company that is leading the charge in car sharing worldwide. Find your drive with us.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Training, you’ll partner with our department managers to design highly engaging, interactive training modules that enable their customer support agents and internal professional team members to perform their duties confidently and efficiently. You’re the kind of person who loves figuring out how to make a gnarly process seem simple and easy to learn. You’ll spend approximately 80 to 90% of your time updating and/or creating training materials and 10 to 20% facilitating. If you have experience facilitating workshops, trainings, and/or courses and you’re passionate about creating learner-centered online training, we want to hear from you!
- Become a Turo product/policy/process expert
- Update and create training materials to reflect latest policy, process, and product changes
- Help with the administration of our LMS
- Design, develop, and update training materials for an online blended learning approach
- Partner with department managers to align training materials with support articles, and with latest policy, process, and/or product changes
- Collaborate with outsourced trainers to design and/or update online and ILT trainings for new and tenured agents
- Collaborate with peer Training Specialists; give and receive constructive feedback
- Help the training team grow and scale by evaluating new approaches to how we work
- Analyze the effectiveness of trainings and help drive impactful changes to processes and/or training materials
- Occasionally facilitate in-person and/or remote trainings for internal and outsourced teams
- At least 3 years of instructional design experience building interactive trainings for both online and ILT formats
- Experience with online learning tools, such as Articulate360 and Camtasia, strongly preferred
- At least one year of experience delivering trainings (preferably for a Customer Support role, but not mandatory), workshops, and/or courses
- Exceptional time management with proven ability to deliver quality materials against tight deadlines
- Unflappable calm in the face of frequent changes to requests, deadlines, and priorities
- Team player who can communicate and collaborate effectively with others; provide compassionate, constructive feedback to colleagues; pitch in and proactively help colleagues whenever possible
- Strong visual design skills with a passion for creating great learning experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Able and willing to travel to training events if needed
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- $1200 a year in Turo credit to book cars from the Turo platform
- $600 annual stipend to be used toward purchases from 130+ best in class vendors (and growing) for travel, entertainment, food, family and wellbeing (think Netflix, Doordash, Ancestry.com, etc.)
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- $1500 Turo host matching and $1000 vehicle reimbursement program
- $2000 per year professional development allowance
Turo is the world's largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, guests can take the wheel of the perfect car for any occasion, while hosts can take the wheel of their futures by building an accessible, flexible, and scalable car sharing business from the ground up. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Watch what we do to help folks find their drive in the community.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!