- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/24/2023
- Website: verkada.com
- Company Address: 405 E 4th Ave, San Mateo, California 94401, US
About VerkadaVerkada is the leader in cloud-managed enterprise building security, enabling over 10,000 organizations worldwide to protect their people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, door-based access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide unparalleled visibility through a single secure cloud-based software platform.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Verkada is seeking Solution Engineers to own and enhance the customer experience, from the proof-of-concept to the final decision. This individual will provide technical support to the sales team, become a trusted advisor to customers, assist the sales team in designing security systems and quotes, and create solutions for unique customer challenges. You will join a team of highly motivated people delivering impactful results for the company. We are looking primarily for people who can match our fast pace and learn quickly, but prior experience with video security systems, IoT devices and access control systems is certainly helpful.
- Become the trusted technical advisor for the key decision-makers: CTOs, CISOs, and Senior Network Engineers
- Engage with sales managers to understand current deal statuses and next steps
- Leverage technical knowledge to overcome customer barriers and concerns
- Influence product direction with your unique understanding of customer needs
- Collaborate with support to accelerate product improvement
- Work with Project Managers/Operations team members in the execution of designed security solutions
- Prepare required project documentation (floorplans, scope of work, assumptions, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university
- Strong background in IT fundamentals: Experience with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and routing/switching devices; No experience with products related to physical security or cloud-based video necessary: we can teach you
- Outstanding English written and verbal communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+
- Experience working with APIs, Python, and other coding languages is a plus
- Experience working with Linux operating systems preferred
- Genuine excitement for software and hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S (Position does not provide sponsorship)
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.