- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/21/2022
- Website: ascend.io
- Company Address: 541 Cowper St, Palo Alto, California US
About Ascend.ioAscend.io, the Data Automation Cloud, was named a 2021 Gartner Cool Vendor and provides the most advanced automation for data and analytics engineering workloads. Ascend unifies the core capabilities of data engineering—data ingestion, transformation, delivery, orchestration, and observability—into a single platform so that data teams deliver 10x faster.
Ascend.io, the data engineering company and recently named a Gartner Cool Vendor, provides the only unified platform for data pipelines with 10x faster build velocity and automated maintenance. The Ascend Unified Data Engineering Platform makes it possible to build autonomous data pipelines that dynamically adapt to changes in data, code, and environment with 95% less code.
As an infrastructure Engineer at Ascend.io, you will design, construct, and scale our infrastructure services using the latest technology. You will have the chance to help define and evangelize infrastructure and engineering standard methodologies, and pull from your experience to develop creative solutions to a variety of infrastructure challenges. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- You will design and own system configuration, infrastructure provisioning, production deployments, system monitoring, and alerting.
- Evangelize and advocate best practices for reliability, logging, monitoring, build and testing.
- Write high-quality code (Python, Bash, and Go) and author tools that automate everything possible.
- You will solve issues spanning multiple systems, technology stacks, and clouds.
What we look for:
- Architect: You have a strong understanding of application architectures and how to build and manage large-scale systems. You have concrete understanding of distributed systems, application design, and their operational impacts.
- Performance: You are an expert at system performance and monitoring.
- Automation: You have good working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration.
- Knowledge: You have a deep understanding of containers and container orchestration; experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience: Minimum 3+ years in DevOps/SRE roles in large scale environments. Experience operating a production service on AWS, Azure or GCP.
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.