- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 06/22/2022
- Website: turo.com
- Company Address: 116 New Montgomery St, Suite 700, San Francisco, California 94105, US
About TuroTuro is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, guests can take the wheel of the perfect car for any occasion, while hosts can take the wheel of their futures by building an accessible, flexible, and scalable car sharing business from the ground up.
We are looking for brilliant software engineers who have a passion for consumer products and want to join an energetic team that is changing the way people think about travel. We ship code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in creating the product from inception to implementation. There’s much to do, and you’ll be responsible for making some real cool stuff happen.
Our APIs, internal services, and web app are at the core of our stable of software that’s reinventing mobility. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and designers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that’s changing how people travel and think about car ownership.
Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/engineering-at-turo
What You’ll Do
- You will collaborate extensively with product management, design, and engineers to develop product features that drive our metrics.
- You will produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it and ship it.
- You will identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- You will develop tools and utilities to diagnose and fix problems.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience shipping high-scale code to production.
- Fluent in at least one language - e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- Possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, database concepts, distributed systems, and search.
- Strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Enjoy solving problems and helping others meet their goals.
- Curious about container orchestration systems such as kubernetes and infrastructure as code tools such as terraform.
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting systems and tools.
- Passionate about search, streaming, database or other backend technologies.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!