- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: turo.com
- Company Address: 116 New Montgomery St, Suite 700, San Francisco, California 94105, US
About TuroTuro is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, guests can take the wheel of the perfect car for any occasion, while hosts can take the wheel of their futures by building an accessible, flexible, and scalable car sharing business from the ground up.
We are looking for brilliant software engineers for our team. You should have a passion for consumer products and want to help us achieve our goal of bringing Turo to everyone. We push code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in experimenting with new ideas from inception to implementation. There’s much to do, and you’ll be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
Do you love iOS? From booking your next trip to picking up a car, our iOS app is integral to the Turo experience. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that’s changing how people travel and think about car ownership.
Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/engineering-at-turo
What you'll do
- Use the latest technologies to enable a first-class iOS experience.
- Produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it, and ship it.
- Collaborate extensively with product managers, designers, and engineers to develop product features that drive our metrics.
- Diagnose and resolve bugs.
- Identify areas to improve and scale our architecture.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- You love developing iOS apps and possess a real passion for the platform.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience shipping iOS apps available on the App Store.
- You are fluent in Objective-C and Swift and are well-versed in Auto Layout, Storyboard, and UIKit.
- You have an extensive understanding of the Cocoa framework.
- You are a strong communicator; explaining complex technical concepts and trade-offs to product managers, designers, and engineers is no problem for you.
- Your code review feedback is sought after and respected.
- You enjoy solving problems and helping others meet their goals.
Bonus points if
- You have a track-record of shipping features that created an impact.
- You have an excellent understanding of networking, concurrency, and threading.
- You have experience writing applications for multi-platform projects that include watchOS or tvOS.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!