- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/21/2022
- Website: ascend.io
- Company Address: 541 Cowper St, Palo Alto, California US
About Ascend.ioAscend.io, the Data Automation Cloud, was named a 2021 Gartner Cool Vendor and provides the most advanced automation for data and analytics engineering workloads. Ascend unifies the core capabilities of data engineering—data ingestion, transformation, delivery, orchestration, and observability—into a single platform so that data teams deliver 10x faster.
You will help our customers accelerate their data projects, focused primarily on the initial technical implementation of Ascend. While you will have direct responsibility for building parts of the overall solution, you will also focus intently on up-leveling the customer in their ability to design and build data systems themselves. When you are not working directly with a customer, you will be part of the broader field engineering team working on customer POC's, staying current on leading edge technologies, helping other customers, and creating content. If you love a challenge, working with insanely bright and motivated people, and learning more faster than you thought possible, join Ascend, recently named a Gartner Cool Vendor!
What you'll do:
- With the help of a Solution Architect, you will design cutting-edge data solutions specific to customer requirements.
- Implement aspects of the solutions while providing support and guidance to customer developers on the team.
- Help our customer developers become raving fans of Ascend.
- Provide feedback to the product team on new features that will drive adoption and create raving fans.
- Assist/drive POC's with new potential customers.
- Research and implement technologies that are adjacent to and complementary to Ascend.
- Research and implement competitive technologies.
- Generate content that will accelerate customer learnings and promote self-sufficiency.
- Assist other customers as time permits.
- Build additional features / extensions for the Ascend platform.
What we look for:
- 1-3 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Some Experience with public cloud infrastructure and data services such as Athena, EMR, Redshift, S3, BigQuery, GCP, etc.
- Deep desire to learn/improve and be part of a winning team.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Remote Friendly
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.