Hadoop Performance Engineer (focus: Hadoop Applications) at Pepperdata
Cupertino, CA, US
What you’ll need:
- Hands-on experience with setting up large-scale distributed systems and performance fine-tuning applications.
- Strong understanding of Hadoop components and ecosystem: YARN, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Knowledge of Spark and Kafka, a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience testing in Java, SQL, Unix, Scala, NoSQL, and Web Services (Rest) environments
- Experience with scripting (shell, python, etc.)/automation.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in performance/software QA engineering.
- Experience with AWS/Cloud Big Data computing, a plus.
Knowledge of and/or experience with Time-series database, a plus.