Strive helps people achieve their personal and professional potential through personalized and practical leadership development.
We do this by having experienced, vetted coaches teach leadership best practices on our proprietary social learning platform. First-time managers and emerging leaders at big companies (Google, Intuit, LinkedIn, Uber) and high growth startups (Slack, Asana, FiveStars) alike are using and loving Strive (NPS is higher than HBS & Wharton).
Strive was founded in 2017 with an early team from Google, YouTube, Amazon and LinkedIn, and raised a $3.8MM seed round from top investors.
About this Role
Strive is looking for its first product designer to work directly with the CEO, engineering team, and part-time graphic designer to build products, tools, and experiences to improve and scale the leadership development experience.
This role will require you to wear multiple hats –
- User experience research – Interview and observe existing and prospective customers to understand their experience, pain points, challenges, and current workflows. Synthesize research to generate actionable insights.
- Product design – Develop low and high fidelity mocks as well as paper and product prototypes to share with users, prospects, and ultimately the engineering team to build.
- Product management – Work with the engineering team to build working versions of early prototypes. Scope work, discuss deadlines, and work together to hit ambitious goals.
About You (Ideally)
Functional Experience / Skills
- Required: 3-6 years of experience working in user experience research and product design (from user flows/journeys to pixel perfect designs)
- Ideal: 2-4 years experience working as a product manager, instructional designer, curriculum developer, and/or graphic designer
- Required: Experience working at a tech company or startup building products
- Ideal: Experience working at an educational organization or company
- Missionary, not a mercenary – Someone who really cares about this category and has “thinking about it in the shower” level enthusiasm for education, learning, and/or leadership development
- Persistent and resilient with a strong work ethic