As Strive’s Strategy & Operations Lead you will lead new initiatives that are essential to Strive’s continued success. By definition your projects will vary, but to start you will focus on launching and managing enterprise engagements and building (often manual) MVPs to test emerging product hypotheses. We are looking for a highly structured, hard-working jack-of-all trades, someone who has a founder’s mentality and is eager to develop playbooks where they don’t yet exist.
Strive helps people achieve their personal and professional potential through personalized and practical leadership development.
We do this by having experienced, vetted coaches teach leadership best practices on our proprietary social learning platform. First-time managers and emerging leaders at big companies (Google, Intuit, LinkedIn, Uber) and high growth startups (Slack, Asana, FiveStars) alike are using and loving Strive (NPS is higher than HBS & Wharton).
Strive was founded in 2017 with an early team from Google, YouTube, Amazon and LinkedIn, and raised a $3.8MM seed round from top investors.
- Launch Strive’s enterprise business, onboarding and handling implementation with the first 5-10 enterprise customers
- Collect and analyze customer feedback (quantitative and qualitative), delivering recommendations for product and program improvement
- Build (often manual) products to test product hypotheses to help the engineering team prioritize what to build next
- Develop a partnership strategy and manage new and ongoing relationships (non-profits, universities, sales channel partners)
- Create company dashboards for sales, customer success, product performance, using data for quarterly board meetings and strategy sessions
- Opportunities for stretch projects in marketing, product management, sales and people functions
DESIRED SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- Structured problem solver
- High conscientiousness and follow through – organized, detail-oriented and rigorous
- Ability to develop meaningful, honest interpersonal relationships both internally and externally
- Strong work ethic and discipline – ready to both work smart and hard
- Clear communicator, particularly in writing
- Proactive self-starter
- Culture builder who is thoughtful, fun contributor to the team environment and work experience
- Flexible and highly adaptable in a fast-faced, evolving environment
- Experience in consulting, investment banking, general management, product management, customer success, product marketing or as a Chief of Staff is ideal