At Fauna, we're changing the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security, and other mission-critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning.
Our software is four years in the making and we’ve taken the time to build things right. Our founders ran the databases that powered Twitter during its early years of crazy growth and applied all they learned there to build the database they wish they had. You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have been tech leads for service teams, built globally distributed systems, contributed to popular open source projects, and worked at engineering leaders like Amazon, Twitter, and Oracle.
This Part-time (20-25 hours per week), temporary (3-4 months) role at Fauna will offer you the flexibility that can be crafted to best fit a mutually agreeable schedule. We are looking for someone who has a keen eye for detail, and a willingness to do what is required to set a pleasant tempo for the San Francisco office and make it run smoothly.
What you will Do:
- You will be the first person to warmly greet visitors in person and on the phone
- Assist with ordering snack foods, catered lunches, and beverages to fully stock our kitchen.
- Open and Scan all incoming mail and handle outgoing shipping needs for the office
- Help coordinate company sponsored group activities, happy hours, holiday parties, off-site team meetings, etc.
- Manage the purchasing of all office supplies
- Assist with scheduling meetings and the management of exec schedules, as needed.
- Maintain a clean, organized, functional and comfortable office space
What You Will Bring:
- Strong phone and in-person communication skills
- A highly approachable attitude and strong decision making skills
- A passion for working in a fast-paced, energetic start-up environment
- Tech Savviness- Familiarity with Mac, Google Drive, Excel, Zoom, Slack, DropBox and if you’re a PowerPoint pro all the better
- Professionalism, discernment, and grace when under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A strong attention to detail and dependability
- Most importantly, you bring a positive and enthusiastic attitude when faced with a challenge or asked for assistance
Fauna is a well-funded Series A startup building the first mission-critical NoSQL database. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms. We are based in San Francisco and Boston.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.