Come join the marketing team at Fauna to help bring Fauna's message to the developer community. At Fauna, we're poised to disrupt the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security and other mission critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning.
We're looking for an engineer who is passionate about distributed systems and discussing those topics with peers via blogs, presentations, podcasts and papers. This is a an opportunity to establish distributed systems thought leadership in the most discerning software engineering community there is. In the process you will showcase the power and flexibility of applications built with Fauna, cultivate a community and develop conversations around distributed systems.
To accomplish your goals, you will work closely with the engineering, sales and consulting teams to find opportunities for engagement in various developer communities. You will often be the first point of contact with Fauna for developers at conferences, meet-ups and elsewhere in the community - both on and offline and you will help build our point of view in the market.
What You Will Do:
- Use extensive blogging and content creation as a medium to establish thought leadership within the distributed systems and database developer community on various topics in database engineering and cloud application development.
- Craft strongly technical written, video, webinar and audio content to illustrate Fauna's capabilities and use cases within distributed applications.
- Build, maintain and host sample applications, tutorials and demos that differentiate Fauna.
- Create and present talks at industry conferences and meet-ups while representing Fauna in the developer community.
- Engage with the partner ecosystem to help build prototypes and proof-of-concepts, as well as seed ideas for extending the Fauna platform.
- Collate, analyze and deliver communicate community feedback to the engineering team to help guide our user experience and champion new features.
What You Will Bring:
- A computer science degree and/or strong background in distributed software development and hands-on experience in Cloud-native applications or database systems.
- Deep experience in using and implementing relational and NoSQL databases across a variety of vendors.
- Development experience in one or more of the following languages: Scala, Java, Go, Python, or Ruby, and / or other functional programming experience.
- A real passion for sharing your knowledge with your developers, architects as well as business audiences.
- The ability to translate technical concepts into terms that can be easily understood both in written and verbal forms.
- Strong public speaking experience and excel at presenting in small and large groups (online and offline).
- Proficiency in using audio/video tools for creating necessary content, or willingness to learn.
- The ability and appetite to become proficient in unfamiliar technologies.
- Bandwidth to travel up to 30%.
We are Fauna! .... A well-funded Series A startup, building the first modern operational data platform without compromises or limits. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms and led by the team that scaled Twitter. We are remote friendly and based in San Francisco and Boston.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually make it easier for customers to utilize and deploy FaunaDB both in the cloud and on prem. If you are that type of person, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.