At Fauna, we're changing the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security and other mission critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning.
We’re looking for software developers of all experience levels to join our distributed, remote friendly team. You will contribute directly to FaunaDB, taking ownership of new database functionality from design to delivery. At Fauna we believe that code alone does not a feature make; you will help operate our cloud environment, enhance our distributed QA system, and assist in documenting new functionality.
Our software is four years in the making and we’ve taken the time to build things right. Our founders ran the databases that powered Twitter during its early years of crazy growth and applied all they learned there in building the database they wish they had. You’ll be working with a talented team of software engineers who have been tech leads for service teams, built globally distributed systems, contributed to popular open source projects, and worked at engineering leaders like Amazon, Twitter, and Oracle.
What You Will Do:
- Design, code, document, and test the Fauna database
- Work in a variety of languages to improve Fauna database drivers
- Maintain a high standard of code quality in a clean, well-tested codebase
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions
- Take ownership of all parts of our product from the database core to the drivers
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and technical support
- Help Fauna build an amazing company through contributing lessons learned, supporting internal projects, and automating all the things
What You Will Bring:
- Experience designing and implementing production transactional enterprise data solutions on NoSQL platforms such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, Hbase, etc.
- Hands on data modeling and query tuning experience
- Hands on application development experience in Scala and one or more of the following languages: FP Style Java, Python, Go, or C#
- Familiarity with Linux based production database operations in cloud and on premise, Linux networking, monitoring, and troubleshooting, especially distributed systems at scale
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to large, small, and 1:1 technical audiences
- A self starter who takes the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and development
- Database or systems operations experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with advanced technical degrees
- Experience working in a remote first team
Fauna is a well-funded Series A startup building the first mission critical NoSQL database. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms. We are remote-first (but not remote-only) and based in San Francisco and Boston.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually make it easier for customers to utilize and deploy FaunaDB both in the cloud and on prem. If you are that type of person, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.