We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with intelligent, omni-platform software. In development now: Human-equivalent AI security agents.
Verkada is a fast-growing startup in the video-based surveillance space dedicated to solving security issues faced by companies in the digital age. Our focus is on building secure, modern, easy-to-usecameras that make our customers' lives simpler and safer while reducing risk from hackers and other digital threats. If the thought of working in an organization that is modernizing an old industry while making the world a more secure place appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
As an early stage startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us! As an early member of our Support Team, you will play an integral role in shaping processes that enable us to tackle an immense, $16 billion/year global market while crafting our culture as we scale.
Technical Support Engineers are talented tech-savvy problem-solvers who are passionate about networking and physical security. You will be the face of Verkada, providing a premium support experience for our growing base of enterprise customers and partners while driving product improvement and sales growth through cross-team collaboration.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network, hardware and software issues related to the Verkada line of products
- Act as the technical subject matter expert for our customers, partners and Sales team
- Ability to multitask and effectively communicate with customers and partners regarding technical issues and service inquiries, both orally and in writing
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Product teams in order to better understand our customers needs and fix critical bugs
- Own each customer ticket from initial creation to resolution
- Build Support processes that will scale
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles
- Stay up to date on trends in video surveillance and physical security systems
- Strong background in IT fundamentals: Experience with VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, and software systems; No experience with products related to physical security, cloud-based video necessary: we can teach you
- Outstanding English written and verbal communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills that will directly impact speed and quality of response to customers and partners
- Genuine excitement for software + hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking and IT Security, or a related technical discipline from an accredited university
- Industry certifications a plus: CCNA, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly health allowance
- Company outings
- Get in on the ground floor of a hugely successful startup